Sunday, January 28, 2007

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies. ~Author Unknown

I apologize for the delay in posting. Life has brought many changes this winter and I haven't had the emotional energy to pour into blogging. Change is hard! No matter which angle you see it from change brings loss and growth.
After not working most of November and December due to a drop in the building economy, I was "loaned" to an electrical company out of Stockton (30 min from Modesto) that had plenty of work to be done. After working there for two weeks I decided to make a permanent switch. I had decided several months ago I needed a change at work but wasn't sure how to go about looking for a new job. Considering my former boss trained me in the trade I was torn with feelings of loyalty. But he has been unable to employ me and understood I needed to take care of myself. God brought the perfect opportunity right to my door and practically dropped it in my lap. Although the new job has brought many benefits it has also brought... you guessed it: CHANGE. Learning how to work with new people can be quite stressful, as most of you have probably experienced. It will take time to adjust to my new boss' expectations and for him to learn how to handle my feminine touch on a male-dominated trade. :-)
Another fairly big change has been my move home... as in back with my parental units. There are many dynamics to this decision but the short of it is: roommate got married, no work = no money, no roommate, no other options! That makes it sound like it was the worst change ever but it has been incredibly fun and restful! My family loves having me home and I love being home with them. I'm hoping to be out again once I'm back on my feet but for the time being I will be jammed in the back guest room and lovin every minute of it!
And now I'd like to introduce you to some of my favorite moments over the Holiday:
Not only did Aaron and Michelle come home for Christmas,
but Aaron brought his Wii and taught us how to play
We spent ages creating characatures of ourselves



















After Christmas I flew up to BC for Ashley Star's wedding! Talk about a beautiful bride!


The new year brought in a few little additions to the recently married Arnold family:

Roxy gave birth to six healthy Husky puppies!

More to come later!!

4 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

im glad to hear that you have made a decision with your work. Hope it will go well and that you will just ENJOY it. Was so great to see you...and yes...do enjoy the time at home. In some ways that is a special time that not many people get to have back, once left home.
:)Antonia.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Beth,

Just commenting, ya know. Yup. That's about it.

So good to hear about the new job, related decisions, etc. Those must all be some big weights lifted off your shoulders.

I like the picture of the three of you playing Wii. You look so perplexed. And the fella' in the Santa hat looks like he could take the world down with that little controller-doo-ma-hickey. :o) Looks like it was a good time.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the pictures! i want to hold those puppies. how cute!!! christmas sounded like fun... i'm glad to hear you are doing well. i wish i could've gone to ashley's wedding... that looked like so much fun!! were there a lot of cape people there?
love & miss you...
erika from america

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. So nice to hear from you. I miss you girl! It was so fun to see you over Christmas. I am glad to hear that your job is going well. Isnt it so great how our God works these things out? Let me know more about the place you live in. That sounds really interesting!
:)Antonia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones